Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How I came upon this gig...

About a year and a half ago, a headline came across my desk while I worked as an intern at Brownfield Ag News in Jefferson City, Mo. The headline, written by another colleague, read: “International expo features farm equipment, information.” That story gave me my first glimpse of the AG CONNECT Expo. At the time, I had no idea I would be standing ringside to report live from this first-ever event. Now I am in Orlando covering the trade show and educational sessions and am most thrilled at the opportunity.

I began following updates about the expo on Twitter last fall. Soon I began corresponding with the folks at AEM on Twitter about the show. Not long after I was invited to the event to report about my perspective, and that's what brought me here. Social media has provided me with more opportunities than I will ever know!

My background in agriculture has allowed me to recognize the importance of AG CONNECT as a resource for everyone involved in the industry. More than 315 exhibitors occupy the trade show that includes everyone from agricultural media groups to equipment companies. Educational events hosted by groups such as ProFarmer and the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) are also offered in conjunction with AG CONNECT. According to Sara Mooney, show director for AG CONNECT, more than 46 U.S. states, nine Canadian provinces and 45 countries are represented at the event, making it truly a global forum of agriculture.

Mooney said Tuesday’s events include new product launch announcements and the grand opening of the trade show at 4 p.m. Participants who are not registered for the trade show can register on-site for $30 to attend Wednesday through Friday.

I walked through the exhibits for the first time today, and the opportunities for learning about the latest technologies in agriculture are truly limitless! Stay tuned for more photos and updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment